Founder & President
Alka Madan is an experienced Educational Consultant by profession. Her basic education is in Education & Literature.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Punjab University, India
- Masters Degree in Literature, Punjab University, India
- 20 years in India providing Career Counseling to students from several technical, professional and academic disciplines.
- Lectures at various institutes such as:
- Thapar Engineering College
- Longowal Engineering College
- Punjabi University
- Punjab University
- Regional Engineering Colleges
- The National Institute of Fashion & Technology
- Founded & Presided over the First professional Counseling Center of it's own kind in the entire country of India from 1989 to 1999
- Invited in 1995 to attend an International Counseling Conference in Tampa, Florida, U.S.A.
- Received the award of Best Counselor World-Wide to a standing ovation.
- After spending some more years providing Career Counseling in India, she then moved to U.S in 1999.
- The Indian Government has granted Alka to be it's Only Authorized Representative for Career Counseling in the U.S.
Please click on "List of EdCIL Representatives Abroad" on this page to see Alka as the Only Authorized Representative. EdCIL (or Educational Consultants India Limited is a Public Sector enterprise by the Government of India under the Ministry of Education and Culture.A link to their website is provided here.
Her innovative techniques and coaching approaches have helped thousands of students towards success and prosperity in India and the U.S.
She feels that an "entrepreneurial aptitude and steadfast determination" has helped her success in Career Counseling.
Alka has been recognized Internationally. SMI International (an International Counseling Network in Hollywood, California, U.S.A.) has twice honored her as "Number One Counselor Worldwide".
She has been subject to stand-up ovations in many International Counseling Conferences in the U.S.
While in India, Alka as been a Personal Coach & Motivational Speaker to various Corporations such as Pepsi, Escorts, Smithkline Beecham etc.
Alka founded U.S.Canada Education Consultants (or "UCEC") to help students in Developing and Under-Developed countries so that hey can get a better education.
She feels helping students find affordable and appropriate Universities is the best service one can do to today's youth.
"The youth of today know the value of an excellent education in today's competitive times. They are also aware of the competitive edge they can get by studying in an Overseas University or School. What they don't know is which Universities will accept them, how to go about doing it and if they can afford it. Helping them succeed in their career goals is very rewarding! I feel like it is my small contribution towards making this a better world." - Alka Madan
In addition to providing guidance to International students from South Asian Countries, UCEC also focuses on career guidance and counseling students in the U.S. for studies in North America and in Asia. UCEC is in the process of opening Branch Offices in various locations internationally to continue helping the youth of today.